What is MDM?
Master Data Management (MDM) is a comprehensive method enabling an enterprise to link all of its critical data to one instance by providing a common point of reference - the Master Data. MDM streamlines data sharing among multiple system architectures, platforms and applications and its benefits increase as the number and diversity of organizational departments and computing applications expand.
In general, MDM solution implementation consists of the technology, tools, and processes that are required to create and maintain the Master Data across the enterprise's IT and business platforms.
In complex enterprises, where many legacy systems are involved with the daily operation,
data management is a big challenge:
- Data is distributed across multiple different systems
- Data is duplicated across multiple different systems with no ownership
- Data quality is not of high level
- Unification and integration of systems is expansive due to different data models
- The amount of data is significantly expanded (IDC research shows that in 2008 486,522 trillion Giga bytes of digital information were added to IT systems)
Synergos MDM Services
Synergos provides comprehensive and modular consultancy services to cover MDM implementation from its initiation stage until full deployment. These services can be provided separately or as a full package and include the following:
- MDM Discovery - Evaluation of current situation in order to determine the project's feasibility. This service is offered to customers who are deliberating if MDM is the right solution for them
- MDM Strategy - Assisting in building the customer's long term MDM strategy
- MDM Solution - Assisting customers to identify and choose an MDM product
- MDM Implementation - Assisting customers in MDM product deployment